19 October, 2011

Who Screwed Up Time? (formerly New Weekends)

    I. Am. Sleepy.

    I do not appreciate the five-day work week like I should.  I understand that the unions did a lot of fighting for their workers to get a two-day weekend; Hell, I'm even fine with the work week being longer than the weekend.  But, for the love of God, couldn't someone say:

    "Hey, why don't we make it a bit even and have a four-day work week, and a three-day weekend?"

    I wouldn't have stomped on the guy's foot.  We could even work it in now!  I propose, to whomever could get this ball rolling, this:  We make Monday thru Thursday the traditional work week, and move Friday into the weekend camp.  We don't even have to sacrifice work hours!  To keep the amount of income unchanged, we can work ten-hour days.  For example: right now, I work ~8:00AM-4:30PM (with a half-hour lunch somewhere in between); I would be happy to work 8:00AM-6:30PM or 7:30AM-6:00PM, etc., just to have that Friday to myself (and my wife, of course).

Actor's Interpretation of Nate

    Think of the way our weekends are currently arranged: Sundays are for church or family or laundry or cleaning some other part of the house or the car, that you don't have to time for during the work week.  Saturdays are for seeing friends and sleeping in to attempt to recover from the week's lack of sleep.  Where is the day to actually rest?  The day to not worry about a single thing?  To relax?  To enjoy the free time that you work so hard for?  Sure people make time to do things on the weekend, like going camping, but that doesn't magically wash your dishes or clean your clothes; Hell, it makes more laundry for you to do when you get back!!  Then you're up all night doing laundry for work on Monday.  Then you're tired on Monday and that throws off the whole rest of the week!!

    Please tell me if I'm just rambling and not making sense.  Seriously, you can comment just below.  I honestly wouldn't know if I'm rambling right now, my visions doubling, then blurring; I'm really trying to stay awake and it's seriously difficult to focus on much else.

    Good day to you all; livestrong and jalapeno popperssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

No comments: